Saturday, July 23, 2011

Power Yoga Workshop

On Saturday I am taking a two hour workshop on the basics of Power Yoga. I love yoga workshops because they use the extra time to take poses apart, explain them in detail, and you get to ask questions.

These are sun salutations, but the image of practicing around the sun seemed appropriate.


I am wanting to make sure I do 2-3 power yoga classes a week to help speed up my metabolism (i.e., weight loss). I am getting smaller - I probably feel smaller than I am. My distorted body image gets me really confused, but the scale screams at me that I could weigh in as a pro football player. I don't want to hyper focus on the scale, but my BMI is not yet in the normal range.

Our friend talked to us last night about his new eating regimen. He is eating only lean protein, vegetables and fruit. There was a good explanation about the absence of grain - and his results are pretty stunning. He's lost over 50 pound since mid May. I'm not sure I'm ready to jump on that wagon, but I was curious if anyone else had read the research on this way of eating.

Back to power yoga- usually the room temperature is elevated to 90 degrees or more. My girls tell me I will grow to love the heat, but I'm pretty skeptical. I'll let you know how the workshop goes.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again- I'm looking forward to my first power yoga class- I'll let you know when it happens!

    ReplyDelete