Friday, July 29, 2011

Taking on the half moon!

Half moon is my new challenge pose. Just when I think I have them all, it seems like there is a new trend in all the different classes.

Here's what it is supposed to look like:
As I was looking for this illustration, the wall gave me a great idea on how to practice, but generally one is unsupported by brick and mortar! The idea is that you pivot on one leg, and the upward leg is in a straight line from your shoulders. Then you have to balance. This is going to take some work.

Another thing that is taking some work is getting my classroom ready for the new class that will be arriving in three weeks. I can already tell a difference in my appetite as the stress of school is on the horizon. Unfortunately for me, stress=appetite. My hope is that the stress release of yoga plus it's cardio benefits will help balance that out. And, I need some new habits.

Yoga East is offering a free introductory yoga class each Saturday night at 6:00. I'm hoping to rope my husband into going. I'd love to have a fellow yogi in my house -

No comments:

Post a Comment