Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The teacher makes all the difference!

Methinks there is a lesson in this for this teacher. After my self image busting yoga yesterday, I experienced a contrasting hour in the studio this morning.

I was greeted by a sincere spirit of welcome and appreciation just for showing up. The right teacher makes me want to do my best - try harder - reach my potential. It makes hard things easier just knowing that the teacher is there to direct the journey, and that she is joyfully exposing the path.

A day of feeling indignantly treated will be well worth it if I remember this every morning that I meet my first grade charges at my classroom door.

"Lord, give me a heart full of tender mercies and arms that will open wide." That's not scripture, but sometimes a country song can be full of inspiration.....

1 comment:

  1. So true- thanks for the inspiring insightful reminder-

    ReplyDelete