Monday, July 18, 2011

Rocking Dancer Pose!

I've never been a dancer. I always wanted to be, but the talent and ability was not in my genetic make up. Dancer pose is a pose that I didn't know by name, but when it was first introduced to me I realized it was the picture of yoga I carried in my head. A strong woman standing while holding one foot in the air behind her.
This isn't me :)


Balance poses have been a huge challenge for me. But in the past couple of weeks I have been amazed that they have become possible. Perhaps not pretty, perhaps not perfectly executed, but consistently attainable. It feels great to take little breaks from gravity!

Today was my first day back at Yoga East. I returned from vacation and couldn't wait to get back to "my" studio. It felt like home.

Tomorrow will make 135 consecutive days. I don't have a new goal number - I just know I want to keep going.

1 comment: