Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Slow and Steady?

I went to my third class at Joyful Yoga this morning. I was excited to have another 90 minute class, ready for a hard work out. The pace at this studio is so much slower than what I am used to, I found my mind wandering a bit. I feel like the slower pace allowed me to find the correct pose and hold it longer, but I left wondering if I was working my body as hard as I am used to in an hour class. But, being sure that it was more of a workout than sleeping in, I surely I advanced my journey toward fitness.

Today is day 121. I know I have made progress - yet sometimes I think I imagine that I have made more progress than I really have. I stopped after yoga at my favorite lingerie store - dressed in my Target workout clothes, straggly hair, no make-up, yet feeling like I am fit and thin and ready to take on the world. I think I might have a distorted body image. Really. I saw some really cute tops in the store and took them back to try them on, thinking they will look great due to my four months of diligence in yoga workouts. The mirror was my reality check - letting me know to keep at it, and reminding me that I am not always kind to myself and that have a pretty fragile self image. Slow and steady - it's ok? Right? I think I need to convince myself of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment