Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Bit of Extra Help

During this period Chattanooga and surrounding cities and states were going to through the worst storm devastation EVER. Mike and I were blessed to not have any real damage, other than cleaning up sticks and being without power for eight days. We were truly grateful, and very aware that we had only a minor inconvenience while others were dealing with loss of everything, including loved ones. This has nothing to do with my yoga experience, but felt it was worth putting in the time line.

Day 60 - class is slim and solemn. We try to focus on our practice, but knowing what is going on around us places a heaviness on our hearts.

Day 62 - I go to a class with my original instructor and discover I am the only student in attendance. She is gracious enough to work just with me and asks - "what do you want to work on?". I give her a laundry list of poses that still stump me and she works with me on those poses. It was truly an unexpected gift. High lunge, tree, airplane were broken down and practiced.

Day 65 - After practicing my new found techniques at home (there is not much to do without power), I go to class and successfully move through three poses I now felt confident doing. More success!

No comments:

Post a Comment