Sunday, June 12, 2011

Right? Left? Oh, no.....

When I started school I did everything with my left hand. My dear first grade teacher, with all good intentions, felt left handed children went through life with a disadvantage. She MADE me write with my right hand. I've often attributed my clumsiness to this change. I have always had trouble with remembering which is left and which is right. I still use my rings to help me keep it straight. This makes things difficult in yoga class. It is quite embarrassing to end up nose to nose with your next mat neighbor when you are supposed to all be facing the same wall. This week I began employing my old trick. I started out going to yoga with no jewelry to get in the way. It dawned on me if I would just wear my wedding ring, I wouldn't have to guess if I was going the right (or left) way.

Day 30 - I go to class sleeveless. This is a huge step for someone who has covered flabby arms for years. I was inspired when Michael mentioned my biceps last night. Biceps! Who knew?

Day 32 - I'm thinking about trying to "flip my dog". My brain has figured out how that would work, but my body is a little chicken.

Day 34 - I've dropped another pants size. Woo hoo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment