Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summer Yoga

I love the free pace of summer. In graduate school we were chastised for listing June, July, and August as advantages of being in education. But for me, it remains an advantage - a HUGE advantage! In my yoga quest it is giving me a chance to try new classes, different instructors, and to meet different people in my classes.

Yesterday I went to a morning class. It was a different feeling to start my day with yoga rather than coming in after a hectic day at school. I could tell a big difference in my energy in class and the rest of the day. It was a flow class,but the instructor took us through at a very slow and gentle pace, holding poses just a bit longer. That was good for me - often I just find the pose when it is time to move on. This way I felt myself getting into the pose and taking it a bit further in the extra time.

After class I realized that I had been practicing with someone I knew - I never have time to notice who is around me during class. I'm much to busy trying to stay upright and in the correct pose.

Today I am going to enjoy having the time to take two classes. I'm going to a Yin class this morning, then joining my regular Tuesday flow class this afternoon. I am taking full advantage of this package for unlimited classes!

I'd love to hear from you about your yoga experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment