Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Flipping my dog.

It is becoming routine to walk in the studio carrying my mat. I am beginning to recognize smiles and faces. No two classes are ever exactly the same, but on most days, about 60% of the commands are at least familiar. That's not to say that a familiar command equals my successful execution of the command on my mat. That ratio is trailing by more than a few percentage points. I like facing the challenge of each class. I have experienced that feeling of wanting a challenge in my professional and academic lives, it's new and it's joyful to experience it in a physical endeavor.

Day 44. While "resting" in downward facing dog, I follow the command to "float" my right leg toward the ceiling. In one of those BAM - it-all-comes-together-moments, I gain momentum with that leg and FLIP MY DOG! No one was more surprised than me (well, maybe than me and my instructor).

Day 47. I have fun at my aerial class, but decide to take it out of my schedule for a while. I think I need to gain more strength for it to be of its maximum benefit.

Day 50. I am half way to 100 consecutive days of practicing yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment