Sunday, June 26, 2011

Family Wedding

We had the most wonderful family wedding yesterday. My niece and her fiance were married in a gorgeous ceremony on the brow of Lookout Mountain. We gathered at 6:00 AM, had coffee and watched the bride come to the bluff at sunrise. It was breathtaking, not only for the scenery, but for the commitment we witnessed between this beautiful couple.

In a minor contribution to such a glorious day, I was able to enjoy and display some of the advantages of the past 111 days of yoga. Perhaps a tad prematurely, I was confident enough to bare my arms for the outside festivities. I wouldn't quite say yet that I have "yoga arms", but yoga has certainly shaped and firmed my arms. It felt great to be sleeveless.

After a wonderful brunch (at 8:00 am I would still call it breakfast :)), we dispersed and met back at Cloudland Canyon for dinner and enjoyment of a wonderful evening with friends and family. I wore new cropped jeans, down three full sizes from the beginning of my yoga trek. It was a great event, and it was a wonderful feeling to be confident in what I was wearing.

With the wedding's split schedule, I was able to sneak in a yoga class mid day. Having been up since 4AM, I knew I would fall asleep during savanstana, and I did. But that's ok - it was refreshing and renewing to to practice during such a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment