Friday, June 10, 2011

A Menu of Yoga Classes

I think the studio I go to has much to do with my new commitment to Yoga. The classes are amazingly affordable, it is two minutes from my home, and the instructors are all wonderful. I had to become educated on the different classes and decide a weekly set of classes that fit in with my work schedule. In the beginning I looked for classes that were named "level 1" or "all level". The studio's schedule also states the temperature that the room is during the class. I steered away from classes where the room would be over 80 degrees.

After some experimentation and visiting of different classes, I came up with a schedule that had flow classes on most days, yin on one day, and a combo flow/yin class rounded out the schedule. During the school year (I teach first grade) I would allow myself one evening a week to practice at home with a tape and my rewind button. I throw in an aerial class on Saturday just for fun.

Day 9 - I discover "supported bridge" - I love laying on my foam block and just hanging out. This is what I do almost everyday as I am waiting for class to begin.

Day 13 - I go to my second aerial class and actually invert. I don't think I've been upside down since I was eight years old. It is so playful and joyful.

Day 14 - My Sunday yin class now replaces my Sunday nap. Actually, on this Sunday it was both because I fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment