Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"I get a little bit stronger..."

Sara Evans sings a great country ballad about getting a little bit stronger day by day after a heartbreak. I'm glad to say I am not nursing a heart break - but every time I hear her beautiful voice singing about gaining strength, I think of it as my yoga song. Even as I was progressing through the first week of my 100 consecutive days, I feel a little bit stronger in every class.

Day One - I am excited about my new commitment. I successfully execute about ten percent of the poses, but I try each one. I feel what it means to shrink wrap my abs.

Day Three - I try an aerial class. I am awkward, not quite strong enough to pull myself into the sling, and petrified when it is time to invert - and I cannot let go and let myself go upside down. I drive home feeling the slightest bit defeated and seasick.

Day Seven - I feel what it means to lift my sitbones toward the ceiling in the downward facing dog pose. My abs help me accomplish this, I guess they have become a little bit stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment