Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Yoga on the Road

I've been investigating ways to make sure I keep up my practice while I am traveling this summer. I plan to find a studio near the family's beach home, but it would be pretty expensive to do that daily. Exercise TV has some OK looking routines that I could do from my computer, and after 115 days I could probably come up with a few positions on my own. But I don't want to get bored with it - so, like I said, I have been looking.

I found a neat little Yoga treat for my Kindle. It's called "My Yoga Studio". It takes you through many series of poses, tells you how long to hold the pose, and gives a great written description of how to execute the pose correctly, and what to focus on.

It even leaves you with a closing thought. Today's was great for my upcoming vacation - "A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving". Actually, that perfectly describes the travel philosophy of my husband. I'm afraid that for the past 32 years I have considered that a character flaw, and now I learn that it is actually ancient wisdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment